Are you setting up a new rental unit, or just looking for tips on purchasing a few upgrades or replacements items? Buying online can be tough! Below are our pro tips for a few common and popular rental purchases that are Mountain Management Approved:
Sheets: It never hurts to do a combination of the following. Just know your sheets will be used and washed frequently, so you will want to buy durable sets and always plans to have extras.
- Value: If you're unit is high traffic, we recommend purchasing several Amazon Basics Microfiber sets. They are inexpensive and may not last more than one season, but they are worth it. Price: $13.99 - $19.99
- Luxury: If you're looking for upgraded sheets for your Master bedroom, we recommend Bamboo instead of Egyptian cotton. Bamboo sheets have anti-bacterial properties and are Hypoallergenic. Not only are bamboo sheets very soft and luxurious for sleeping in, they are also extremely sustainable. Bamboo is a rapidly-renewable fiber that grows amazingly quick, and produces much more fiber per acre of land used when evaluated against cotton. In addition, bamboo does not need pesticides and other agricultural chemicals to be grown. Price: $69.99 - $79.99
Comforter, Duvets: Warmth, comfort, and cooling all matter with your bed comforters.
- Comforter: These down comforters are simple but all you need for a rental. They have great ratings both online and from our own guests! Price: $33.39 - $49.99
- Duvets: We treat Duvets similar to sheets. We prefer white and an additional backup duvet for each size bed. We recommend two brands, HC Collection and Amazon. Price: $12.00 - $24.99
Pillows: We recommend four pillows per Queen or King bed. One or two pillows for Twin beds.
- Value: These down pillows are extremely comfortable. They are not 'stiff' or 'firm' and do not prop up on the beds as nicely, but are excellent for those that prefer a thinner pillow. Price: $15.99
- Luxury: These memory foam pillows are firm and make for great support, comfort, and display. Price: $49.00 for two.
Beds: Perhaps the most important item in your rental unit. There are a handful of new mattress companies, and we've had a chance to audit them all. And our conclusion:
- Tuft&Needle has great prices, great service, and easy shipping. Price: $350 - $750
- And don't forget: Buy mattress protectors! These will be your best investment. Price: $24.99 - $34.99
- Smart Door Locks: Schlage offers a range of touchscreen and keypad locks that are easy to install and integrate to Nexia (see below).
- Internet: The Google OnHub Router is finally your solution to internet down time! Not only is it a high quality router, it helps you (and your guests) easily diagnose any issues with your WiFi.
- Temperature, Alarms: Nest, has thermostats, smoke alarms, and fire detectors. Xcel Energy even offers a $50 rebate for purchasing a thermostat here in Colorado!
- Home Smart Systems: Our absolute favorite home system is Nexia. Control and automate all of your home systems including door codes, lighting schedules, temperature, and more. An easy set up, an intuitive website, great mobile apps, and really low pricing! You can see which products Nexia works with here.
Happy Renting! As usual, let us know if we can be of any help :)